Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

50

The Run to 50 is complete.

It's official. I'm now running to 51. What's on the horizon?

Presently, my only target is the 2011 Tri-City Medical Centers Carlsbad Marathon on January 23rd. That's just a tad over 9 weeks from now. After that? I'm just not sure.

Well, I am sure that I want to run the Carlsbad 5000. After the marathon, I'm going to switch gears and train to see if I can break 20 minutes in the 5K.

Beyond that though, I don't know. I'd like to do another key marathon, like maybe the Marine Corps Marathon in DC in October 2011. I may apply for November 2011 NYC, if only to start racking up lottery rejections and perhaps earn a guaranteed spot in a few years.

I'd sure like to run Boston in 2012, but I'd need to finish a certified marathon in 3:35:00 or better sometime before next Fall. I'm not going to even pretend to shoot for that in Carlsbad. I don't want to ruin the Carlsbad experience by biting off more than I can chew. The 2011 Marine Corps Marathon will be too late. Boston will surely be sold out by then. I'd have to continue building my aerobic and mileage base after Carlsbad this January and find a candidate marathon between May and July. Maybe I'll just do San Diego Rock 'n Roll again. I'll decide after Carlsbad.

Other than that, I'd like to do La Jolla again, and America's Finest City. Maybe San Dieguito Half if I can recover quickly enough from Carlsbad. And the Coronado Bridge Run, and Scripps Ranch 4th of July 10K, and the Boot Camp Challenge again. Heartbreak Ridge.

And I want to add a sprint-length triathlon or two to the mix. The Carlsbad tri and the Mission Bay triathlon, perhaps.

I'm excited. I love the journey more than the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment